SAFE Announcements and Events:
- SAFE Executive Board Meetings 2017-10 FEB
The 2017 meetings of the SAFE consortium Executive Board will be by teleconference on
Wednesday 11 January at 15h CET. Agenda and minutes available in Past Events.
Friday 10 February at 15h CET (15 year publication discussion)
Friday 24 February at 10h CET
Monday 20 March at 15h CET
Log in as a SAFE member to download the Agenda and the Minutes of all SAFE EB meetings. Also available are the Agenda and the Minutes of all SAFE Member Meetings, including the Annual General Meeting. Once logged in, these documents become visible as a separate article in Past Events.
If your institution is a SAFE member but you don't have a User Name and Password - send an email to Katherine Flynn with your 3 food safety interests and you will be registered.
If your institution is not a SAFE member - you will find information here on how to apply.
- Food Safety in the EU: 24 January
SAFE consortium will be present at this Public Policy Exchange event
Scheduled for 24 January in Brussels, BE.
Stay tuned for the SAFE summary of the event.
AZTI-Tecnalia is a non-profit private foundation committed to the social and economical development of the marine environment and food sector and is part of Tecnalia Corporation (www.tecnalia.es). The Food Research Division at AZTI is aimed at improving the quality, productivity and innovation of food products and processes. It offers applied R&D on (i) Food Safety and Biodetection (ii) New Food Products (iii) Novel Technologies (iv) Sustainability of the Food Chain.
AZTI-Tecnalia has been a member of the SAFE consoritum since 2007.
Non-profit Research Organization - Technological Centre
Description: AZTI-Tecnalia, a Technological Centre specialised in Marine and Food Research, is a private non-profit organization, whose objective is the social development and the improvement of competitiveness in its area of influence by means of technological Research and Innovation. Since 1981, AZTI-Tecnalia has had a large number of clients in companies, institutions, and public administrations for which they carry out research oriented projects geared towards the knowledge generation, and high-added value technological products and services focused on solving specific problems. The added value of our organization is based on the permanent training of our staff by means of R&D&i and the capacity to develop applications, which means efficient solutions to focus on the demands of public administrations and companies in the private sector. Our policy is that of permanent investment in technical-scientific equipment and in the continuous training of our professionals in search for technological excellence. Results that reaffirm our position as an expert technological centre in Marine and Food Research with in-house developments in I&DT and guaranteeing maximum confidentiality of our projects at all times. AZTI-Tecnalia has promoted the creation of 7 companies in the last 5 years.
Address: Bizkaiko Teknologi Parkea. Astondo Bidea - Edif. 609
Town: Derio (Bizkaia)
Telephone Number: +34 94 657 4000
Fax Number: +34 94 657 2555
More Information: www.alimentatec.com
Contact person: Begoña Pérez-Villarreal, Business Director of AZTI - Food Research Division
Sectors of Activity: Food industry, food processors, food supply chain, food industry equipment providers, food distributors-Retailers, Food Service, Food control and anlysis.
Areas of Research:
* Food Safety and Quality:
- Detection systems for the control, identification and traceability applied to food products: New diagnosis methods; Biosensors; Molecular biology techniques; Smart packaging
- Product verification and added value: Identification of species; Identification of geographical origin; Quantification of ingredients in mixtures
- Validation models that guarantee safety of new technologies and novel foods: Properties of new biomolecules; Toxicity of new food components
- Prevention of food risks, by means of reducing and/or eliminating contaminant agents and allergens in foods; Predictive microbiology
* New Food Products:
- Active compounds and functional ingredients
- Improving the nutritional profiling of food
- Design of new food products
* Novel Technologies:
- Preservation and stabilisation and of food products
- On-line control
- Development of new food products through the application of new technologies or processes
* Sustainability of the Food Chain:
- Process efficiency
- Recovery and utilization of by-products
- Rational use of natural resources
Do you work for a SAFE consortium member institute?
Register as an Individual Member of the SAFE consortium and access Member's Only pages including downloads of documents and presentations, plus receive SAFE announcements directly by email !
Registration is simple. Send an email to the SAFE Scientific Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org, from your institution email address and include your three Food Safety interests.